Atkins diet reviews are what you’re going to read through this article. Atkins diet has been popular since first promoted by Dr. Robert C. Atkins. He was the one that had the method of low-carbs diet and since 1972 this diet plan has been widely known in helping reduce weight. Atkins diet is done by a lot of people to deal with weight loss. In this reviews, you’re going to find everything you need to know about Atkins diet.
What Atkins Diet is and how it Benefits You
The first thing you need to know in Atkins diet reviews is what Atkins diet is. You probably ever heard about Atkins diet without knowing exactly what kind of diet plan it is. Atkins diet is a diet plan that restricts the intake of carbohydrates into the body until you get weight loss. It forbids you to eat high carb foods and in returns you have to consume high protein and high healthy fat foods. To get the target of weight loss, you are supposed to go through the phases of Atkins diet.
What about the advantageous of this Atkins diet? The purpose of Atkins diet is to alter your diet habits in the aim of losing weight and also helps to keep it off. However, it is not merely weight loss approach that becomes the purpose of the Atkins diet. The purpose is more to a healthy lifetime management to eating, not only to lose weight, Atkins diet can effectively help enhance your energy or recover particular health problems like metabolic syndrome or high blood pressure. So it can be said that Atkins diet can help you maintain your good health.
Some Reasons Might Influence You in Following Atkins Diets
In these Atkins diet reviews I’m going to give some reasons you might have in choosing Atkins diet to be your eating management:
- You want to transform your eating habits in general
- You want to do a diet that limits the carbs intake in helping you lose weight
- You want to improve some medical concern you have by doing the diet
- You like the types and quantities of the foods contained in the diet
- You like the products related to Atkins diet, like bars, cookbooks, and shakes.
However, before starting the diet, any kinds of weight-loss diet plan, you still have to consult your doctor to make sure that it is safe enough for you to do, particularly if you have some health conditions, for instance diabetes.
You Might Also Like : What You Should Know about the Atkins Diet Basics?
The Details of Atkins Diet
Atkins diet reviews will also give you the details of this low-carb diet that will give you more information regarding to Atkins diet. Atkins diet concerns more about the carbs intake than the portion control or calorie counting. The system used to track your carbs intake is called net carbs. It is the sums of the content of carbohydrates of an item minus the fiber content in it.
The method of Atkins diet of restricting the carbs intake is said can burn the fat stores in your body, control your blood sugar and help you get the finest health without making you feeling hungry like any other diet plans. At the time you achieve your target weight, it will help you recognize the tolerance of your personal carbs without changing the amount of weight.
However, following Atkins diet does not mean that you won’t need to do exercises. It is not true if there is saying that exercises is not vital for weight loss with Atkins diet. Exercises will always important routine to do to help maintain your weight and provide other benefits of health.
Atkins diet consists of four different phases:
- Induction – this is where you start your Atkins diet. You start to stop eating carbohydrates in your daily diet and replace it with eating foundation vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, green beans, cucumber, etc. You also should consume protein sources such as fish, meat, poultry, eggs, and cheese in every meal you have.
- Balancing – at this phase, you continue to consume 12 to 15 grams of net carbs. Avoid starchy and sugary foods. Gradually you can back consume some nutrient-rich carbs as you keep on losing weight.
- Pre-maintenance – Gradually add the range of foods you can consume. It includes fruits, starchy vegetables, and whole grains.
- Lifetime maintenance– this is the phase when you reach your target weight. When you do, keep on eating this way for the rest of your life to maintain your health.
Atkins diet is one of the ways of losing weight naturally and easily. Everyone can try follows this diet plan if they want to lose weight. For those who want to start following this low-carb diet will need to read this Atkins diet reviews.