Atkins diet rules are substantial things what you need to follow if you want to be successful in losing weight with the help of Atkins diet. Atkins diet is one of the popular diet plans which promotes weight loss naturally and effectively. Many people tend to choose a diet program to help deal with their weight or maintain their help then do regular exercises. There are a great number of diet plans that come with different approaches in helping lose the weight. People are required to stop their regular diet habit and start doing the healthy diet habit to get the goal weight. Atkins diet plan requires you to cut down the intake of carbohydrates and replace it with foods containing high protein and high healthy fat.
The Aim of Atkins Diet
Before we go to the Atkins diet rules, you have to know what purpose this low-carb diet plan has. Close to the aim of many other diet plans which has the purpose of losing some pounds from your weight or maintain your body health, Atkins diet plan also aims in losing weight. However, Atkins diet plan doesn’t stop only at helping you lose weight. Atkins diet plan is a lifetime healthy method of dieting not only to lose weight but also to increase your energy and help make better particular health, like metabolic syndrome or high blood pressure. So it is very worthy to follow Atkins diet plan if you want to keep up your health or cut down some pounds from your body.
4 Phases of Atkins Diet
If you decide to choose Atkins diet as the perfect approach to help you lose weight or only to maintain your health, you have to do the entire 4 phases of this diet. This is one of Atkins diet rules.
- Induction: This is the first phase when it’s time for you to cut nearly the whole carb foods from your diet. You are only allowed to consume 20 grams of net carbs a day and it has to be mainly from vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, celery, green beans, and peppers. You also have to consume protein that you can get from fish, cheese, eggs, meat, poultry, and shellfish. You can also eat fats and oils. Drink eight glasses of water each day. You have to do this phase for about two weeks, relying on your weight loss.
- Balancing: This is the time you intake 12 to 15 grams of net carbs from basis vegetables. Don’t eat sugary foods and gradually add carbs such as berries, nuts, seeds, and more vegetables to your diet. Do this phase until you achieve 10 pounds from your target weight.
- Pre-maintenance: this phase is a phase where you slowly raise the various foods you can consume such as fruits, starchy vegetables, and whole grains. It is fine for you to add carbs at around 10 grams each back unless if you start gaining weight. You can do this phase until you get your target weight.
- Lifelong maintenance: if you achieve your target weight, it means you are in the last phase of Atkins diet. You can continue this approach of dieting for the rest of your life.
You Might Also Like : Eco Atkins Diet Plan
The Benefits of Atkins Diet
If you have followed all the Atkins diet rules properly and dedicatedly there are benefits you can obtain from it. They are:
- Weight loss is the first benefit you can obtain from doing Atkins diet plan. It is said that you can cut out about 15 pounds or 6.8 kilograms during the phase one. Depends on the strictness of your carbs intake.
- The second benefit of following Atkins diet rules is that they can avert or make better a number of severe health problems including cardiovascular illness, diabetes, high blood pressure, and metabolic syndrome. A study on Atkins diet showed that people who took this diet had better triglycerides which mean that they had improved heart health. There are many health benefits you can obtain from Atkins diet plan.
Does Atkins Diet Plan have Risks?
Atkins diet plan is aware of the risks can happen when a person cuts carbs intake drastically in the first phase of the diet plan. There are some effects might occur including constipation, dizziness, fatigue, headache, and weakness. However, Atkins diet plan has a healthy approach which is healthy and safe enough to perform that prevent those risks occur in the early phase of the diet plan. Atkins diet plan now suggests people who follow the diet plan taking a small number of additional salt also supplements or vitamins.
If you decide to do Atkins diet, there’s a big chance for you to achieve the weight loss you are desired and maintain your health more naturally and safely. All you need to do is properly and devotedly follow the Atkins diet rules.